Baroda Loan Against Future Rent Receivables
Considering the Growth potential available in real estate sector and to facilitate leveraging the potential return / income at urban areas, where many commercial properties / shopping complexes are being developed, Bank of Baroda (Kenya) Ltd. has designed a unique loan product for owners of such commercial properties against their future rent receivables.
Purpose of the Loan:
- For general business/ personal needs (except for speculative or any other activity restricted by the CBK/Government).
55% of rent (net of tax, advance rent, security deposit etc), due and receivable for the unexpired certain period of lease and uncertain period of lease (optional period subject to:
- Minimum Kshs. 1,000,000/-& maximum up to Kshs.200,000,000/-
- Rate of Interest CBR+4%
- By Equated Monthly Installments (EMIs).
- Up to 10 years or unexpired certain lease period and uncertain period of lease (optional period of maximum next 10 years) whichever is less.
- The maximum rental period (including the certain and optional period) should be10 years.
- Facility against Assignment of Future Rent Receivables.
- Mortgage of the leased property.
- Tripartite Agreement amongst the Bank, the Borrower and the Lessee.
- Account for collection of lease rental to be opened with us.
- Third party costs viz: Valuation fees, Legal costs & property Insurance costs etc. are to be borne by the borrower.